edX.org has elaborated a list of the top 17 courses in 2017. This list comes after collecting the feedback of learners and staff at edX, and it considers also which are the top “hot skills” needed to land an in-demand job.
The learners’ picks are mostly related to test preparation:
- TOEFL Test Preparation, from ETSx.
- IELTS Academic Test Preparation, from The University of Queensland
- Essential Statistics for Data Analysis using Excel, from Microsoft
- Basic Spanish 1: Getting Starter, from UP Valencia
- The Science of Happiness, from Berkeley
- English Composition, from Arizona State University
edX’s staff’s courses are mostly introductory:
- The Architectural Imagination, from Harvard University.
- HTML5 and CSS Fundamentals, from W3Cx
- Introduction to Linux, from the Linux Foundation
- Introduction to Project Management, from AdelaideX
- Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1, from KHUSTx
- Communication Skills for Bridging Divides, from CatalystX
In terms of hot skills required by employers, these are the selected courses:
- Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python, from MITx
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), from Columbia University
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals, from RIT
- Machine Learning, from Columbia University
- Robotics Fundamentals, from Penn University