Well, now there is a free MOOC intended to provide assistance when developing and designing blended learning courses. “BlendKit2014 – Becoming a Blended Learning Designer“ is a five-week MOOC that starts in April 21. It is offered on Canvas.net by Educause and the University of Central Florida.
The creators will share the valuable tools, information, and methods that have been developed during the past two decades. The course involves:
- Readings from scholarly works pertaining to blended learning
- Document templates and practical step-by-step “how to” guides
- Blogging/social networking interaction opportunities
- Regular interactions with facilitators and students
- Expert and peer assessment and critique on design work
Participants may choose to pursue a credential from the Universal Central Florida/EDUCAUSE as “Certified Blended Learning Designer”, as well as digital badge that can be linked to their EDUCAUSE profile and displayed on professional and social networks. For that, they will need to submit a portfolio review –available for $89.