We have finally launched “The Ultimate Guide To Open edX” ebook.
It is free to download, it doesn’t require registration, it contains no ads, and it is released under a Creative Commons license. It will be continuously updated –just check the version number on the second page.
You can download it through our webpage wherein we will comment on developments.
This book is the first guide related to Open edX disruptive technology. Created by MIT and Harvard, and supported by Google, Stanford and 45 international universities, Open edX is a global success:
- It powers the edX.org educational portal of more than 2.7 million users.
- Stanford University uses it for on-campus students and distance learners.
- Top universities and organizations in France, China and the Middle East have embraced it, along with the World Economic Forum, the International Monetary Fund, Johnson and Johnson and many other businesses worldwide.
- Innovative universities such as George Washington are using this technology to launch groundbreaking open education initiatives.
The eBook, written by education and media entrepreneur Michael Amigot, is divided into the following sections:
2. MOST-EXCITING SAMPLES
3. TWO EXCELLENT DEMO COURSES
4. OPEN-SOURCE INITIATIVE
5. THE PLATFORM
7. ADDITIONAL AUTHORING TOOLS
8. WAYS TO EXTEND OPEN EDX
9. CREATING COURSES WITH EDX STUDIO
10. TEST PLATFORMS
11. DEVELOPERS’ CORNER
12. NEWS STORIES AND VIDEOS
13. ABOUT IBL STUDIOS EDUCATION / 14. ABOUT THE AUTHOR