Thirty-six speakers will perform on five rounds of Lighting Talks that will take place in the 2019 Open edX Conference, hosted by UC San Diego, March 26 – 29.
The edX organization has chosen, following its own criteria, twenty-eight 5-minute duration talks, which will be spread into five different rooms from 2 pm to 3 pm on Thursday 28. Most of the speakers belong to vendor companies that specialize in the Open edX software.
Here is the complete list of talks.
This is a selection of the ten must-attended talks, according to IBL News’ editorial staff:
- Agile Training on Agile Software – Ildi Morris, Morris Learning Design; Vicki Lindem, Cybereason; Nate Aune, Appsembler
- Even more useful analytics tool for Open edX instructors – Alexandra Nabokina, RaccoonGang
- Flexible Gamification Module – Max Sokilsky, RaccoonGang; Sergey Baranov, Applied Materials
- Deploying a robust, scalable Open edX platform in 1 click (or less) – Régis Behmo, overhang.io
- Proactive monitoring for open edX installations with Prometheus + Grafana – Jhony Avella, eduNEXT
- Making Open edX the First Blockchain-Based Learning Platform – Miguel Amigot, IBL Education
- Building an Engagement Circuit Using Online Learning – John McDonough, Harvard University; Meghan Morrissey, Harvard University
- A toolkit for Collaborative learning in Open edX – Juan Camilo Montoya, eduNEXT
- Marsha: an open LTI video provider for Open edX – Mehdi Benadda, France Université Numérique
- Extending the Course Discovery Service for Delivery on WordPress Frontend – Zachary Trabookis, Clemson University