By Mikel Amigot
Increasing enrollment in online programs and degrees is becoming progressively more complicated in 2019.
Based on our experience serving a number of schools and universities, these are our ten most effective marketing ideas:
- Video advertisements on YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin, and third party websites. Experts say that 65% of the population learns better by interacting with video rather than reading.
- A mobile-friendly, quality-content and SEO-driven Website. Over 60% of all traffic comes from mobile devices. Around 93% of people use a search engine to begin navigation.
- Content stories and Ads on Social Media. More than a billion people use these channels.
- Google AdWords and banner advertisements in high traffic websites pointing to personalized, segmented landing web pages.
- On-demand and interactive live lectures conducted by experts and top professors, along with a well-crafted email marketing strategy.
- Testimonials and high-profile endorsements of the courses, programs, and degrees. This includes utilizing famous alumni.
- Relevant blog posts, written by instructors, learners, and guests.
- Promotional, rich in content articles, TV and radio reports, through a media-driven, non-stop PR campaign.
- An iOS and Android app which includes all of the content functionalities and request-info features of the course, program or degree program.
- Automated marketing strategy for some content on the website, linked to a CRM, such as Hubspot or Marketo. This allows gather important information on prospective students and utilize automatic follow-ups to remind them about your offers. Also, we suggest having a proactive call center strategy in order to ensure that prospective students speak with representatives and clarify their questions and ensure their investment in your program.