An interesting initiative from edX and the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation –the “Cooke edX Challenge”– to help qualified 7th grade students. They enroll in selected edX courses and successfully complete one of five. Up to 70 eligible students will receive many benefits, such as individualized counseling and funding for educational programs, through the Young Scholars Program.
These are the seven courses:
- Tsunamis and Storm Surges: Introduction to Coastal Disaster – Waseda University
- The Art of Structural Engineering: Bridges – Princeton University
- Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python – MIT
- Solving Public Policy Problems: UC Berkeley’s Eightfold Path – Berkeley
- Greatest Unsolved Mysteries of the Universe – Australian National University